Материал из MFSPWiki
It was 1999, I was 7 years old, and SpongeBob Squarepants had just arrived on television. SpongeBob quickly became certainly one of my favorite shows, and looking back, I learned a lot of excellent lessons from watching the show all day long. Now, if you watch the show, I have noticed a lot of positive characteristics in SpongeBob's character. For just one, he's the most optimistic character I've ever seen. He's also extremely supportive of all of his friends, regardless of what they believe of him. If we could all grab a little bit of SpongeBob's optimism, the planet will be a much better place.
1. Optimism - A cheery sponge with a shining personality. He's so optimistic, to that particular point that it gets annoying! When something bad transpires with SpongeBob, he never panics. He analyzes the problem, and sees it from the best point of view. For example, within the first episodes, and the most popular, "Pizza Delivery", SpongeBob and Squidward go missing while trying to deliver a pizza. Squidward immediately panics, terrified of being lost, and also the possibility of never coming back home. SpongeBob is completely optimistic about the situation, and has faith in the "Pioneer Navigation Skills" to create him and Squidward home. If SpongeBob hadn't been extremely optimistic, and allowed Squidward's low energy to resonate with him, the problem would have turned out different.
2. Kindness - SpongeBob also offers a strong urge to assist others. An example of this can be observed in an episode where he's asked to perform a chore, creating a telescope for Mr. Krabs. With that 24 hour, he or she must go to Patrick's birthday celebration, which help out Sandy having a business presentation. From the have to help others, and fear of disappointing his friends, SpongeBob verbally commits to all 3 tasks. At the end of the episode, Patrick, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs discover that SpongeBob was attempting to juggle all 3 events at the same time, plus they feel moved by his kindness.
3. Innocence - Another strong word to explain the lovable SpongeBob Squarepants, is innocence. Exploring the kind eyes of the compassionate sponge, it's almost a given how innocent SpongeBob's soul is. Any wrong that SpongeBob commits, may cause a huge bubble of guilt inside. SpongeBob cannot accept any guilt inside, and that he immediately confesses and apologizes for just about any wrongdoings.
4. Fearlessness/Bravery - Although SpongeBob exhibits fear in lots of social/work situations, he's an element of stupidity combined with fearlessness that makes to have an interesting combination. An ideal example of this is "Krusty Krushers", where Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob and Patrick into a wrestling arena, where they are faced with champion wrestlers who are about 30 times larger than they are. The fearlessness of SpongeBob and Patrick combined is inspiring, and no matter what scare tactics the wrestlers check out on our brave duo, or the pain they inflict, SpongeBob and Patrick never let up.
5. Relentlessness - SpongeBob is relentless, just ask Squidward! When SpongeBob really wants to play games with his angry neighbor, Squidward says "NO!" about 95% of the time. SpongeBob keeps asking, literally dozens of times, until Squidward finally gives in. SpongeBob recognizes that Squidward is a very angry and pessimistic character, but he treats Squidward as if he were a nice man, and a closest friend (that they is to SpongeBob).
I did not list all of the admirable traits of SpongeBob Squarepants, since there are a variety of something totally new that we find out about SpongeBob in each tiny 11 minute episode. Things i do know, is the fact that SpongeBob, with certain undesirable traits (annoying, curious stupidity), his good traits far outweigh unhealthy. Optimism is something that SpongeBob bases his entire life from, and that is why I admire him so much. I'll forever possess a place for SpongeBob and the Optimism, Bravery, Compassion, Kindness, Generosity, and Relentlessness.